Instagram is one of the best social media platforms for homebuilders to showcase their homes, expertise, and brand since the platform is all about visuals. Who doesn’t love a beautiful picture of a new home? Even though posting stunning pictures or videos of floorplans, neighborhoods, amenities, and appliances is successful, homebuilders can also use the Custom Location feature to gain new leads through Instagram.
Utilizing custom locations on Instagram is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your account. In fact, posts with a tagged location result in 79% higher engagement than posts without a tagged location. Custom locations allow users to check-in and showcase an aggregate view of all posts on Instagram that have been tagged with the location. For instance, if a homebuilder tags the neighborhood that their model home is in, any user who searches for that neighborhood can see the post in the future. Furthermore, a homebuilder can see other users’ posts with that tagged location too.
In addition to being able to add custom locations, homebuilders can also add location stickers to their Instagram Stories. When the location sticker is tapped on, the Instagram user will be redirected to the respective location page on the social platform.
Where are these locations coming from though? Facebook. To create a custom location on Instagram, you first must check-in to the location on Facebook. Since Facebook owns Instagram, the two are linked together. Here are the steps to take to check-in on Facebook:
- Create a Facebook Check-In Status by typing in the name of the location you want to customize into the search bar.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you see “Add Custom Location” and tap on it.
- Choose a category for your location. For homebuilders, the “Neighborhood” category would work best.
- Create the location and post your check-in status to Facebook.
- Open your Instagram and create a new post. Tap the “Add Location” button and search for your new location in the search results. Then you’re all set!
Custom locations and hashtags even give homebuilders the opportunity to engage with their customers in a fun and interactive way through Instagram. It’s always great to get an inside view of how homeowners live in their communities!